Share With Friends And Family:
Au Pair Information For BelgiumHome > Au Pair Hosting Countries > Belgium
CONDITIONS FOR THE AU PAIR:
1) be between 18 and 23, with an additional condition that the au pair receives her work permit before being 23.
2) it is forbidden to take any other work in Belgium than the one of aupair.
3) the au pair must have finished secondary school. In case she applies before obtaining her diploma, a certificate of the school, stating she finishes her last year of secondary school is sufficient.
4) have a basic knowledge of the one of the national languages, which means French, Dutch or German. The language she has a basic knowledge of must be the language she wants to perform. It will also be the language, spoken in the family. If she speaks some French, she will go to a family where French is spoken and that will also be the language of the courses she will follow.
5) the girl must follow language courses regularly. The school where she follows the language courses must give every 3 months a certificate, proving she followed the courses.
6) the girl can not have obtained a work permit of any kind before.
7) the girl can only start her stay in July, August and September.
CONDITIONS FOR THE FAMILY
1) a family must assure the girl has her private bedroom, well accommodated.
2) the family must speak the language that the girl wants to perform and correct her when she makes mistakes.
3) families must take an insurance for the au pair for the whole duration of the stay. That insurance will cover illness, hospitalisation and accidents.
4) the family must give 1 day free/week minimum and 1 full week-end/month.
5) the family gives a pocket money of 12.000BF/month. This pocket money will be put on a bank account, only for the girl. Nobody else can touch at that money.
1) the duration of the stay is 12 months
2) the aupair must obtain her work permit while she is in her country. When the work permit is ready it is sent to the aupair and a few other documents she can obtain her visa at the Embassy.
The ministry advises the work permit will be given within 4 weeks after introduction of the file.
3) if the girl is not happy in a family she can only change once to an other family.
4) When she changes to another family, the duration can never go over 12 months. If she stayed for 2 months in the 1st family, she can only stay for 10 months in the second family.
A temporary residence of 3 months will be issued at the Consulate, which will be extended after registration of the aupair in Belgium. He/she has to register at the Belgian Community within 8 days of arrival and to apply for a identity card for foreigner